Mrs. Grainne MacMahon Turk
HAPPY EASTER! HAPPY EASTER! HAPPY EASTER! Bring washed nap mat back to school!
June 3 Blue and Gold Day (last day of classes for Kindergarten)
June 6 No School for Kindergarten
June 7 Kindergarten Promotion 1:00 (Drop your student off in the classroom at 12:30.)
1. Read Bonnie Kline stories daily with your child. Book sent home at Parent Teacher Conferences.
2. Complete math quizzes on www.thatquiz.org. Codes sent home for April (4/4/2016).
3. Study Spelling words daily with your child.
4. Study blends and digraphs on classroom page.
5. READ JEWEL BOX CARDS PHONICS GUIDE VOLUME 1 VOCABULARY WORD CARDS WITH YOUR CHILD (BACK OF BEIGE BOOK) (SENT HOME NOVEMBER 20, 2015); 54 WORDS TO REVIEW
6. READ JEWEL BOX CARDS PHONICS GUIDE VOLUME 1 VOCABULARY WORDS WITH YOUR CHILD (BACK OF PINK BOOK) (SENT HOME DECEMBER 18, 2015). CARDS 49-82 7. READ JEWEL BOX CARDS PHONICS GUIDE VOLUME 1 VOCABULARY WORDS WITH YOUR CHILD (BACK OF GREEN BOOK) (SENT HOME JANUARY 29, 2016). CARDS 83-95
8. Journal One for the year went home February 12, 2016.
Password for www.abcmouse.com sent home September 3.
Snack schedule sent home September 3.
Theme 8 in Reading Series (Down on the Farm)
Week 3: Target Skills of the Week
Blending and Segmenting Phonemes; Phoneme Substitution
Initial Consonants: Ff, Hh, Ss; Short o or Short i Words
Inferences: Drawing Conclusions; Evaluate; Monitor/Clarify
High-Frequency Words; Singular and Plural Naming Words
Phonics Library Decodable Text; On My Way Practice Reader
Theme Tests after each Theme starting with Theme 2
SIGHT WORDS FOR THE WEEK:
WE ARE STARTING BLENDS AND DIGRAPHS WEDNESDAY APRIL 14 (SEE CLASSROOM PAGE FOR LIST)
Project Read Units 7-9
Unit 7 Consonants q, y, x, z
Red word of
Short Vowel o
Red Word was
-ss, -ll, -ff, -zz
Red Word you
Site below for ordering books:
This is your Class Activation Code: HQM9K
DUE DATE: April 30
(Look for flyer in this week's communication folder.)
Alphafriends are songs that teach children the sounds.
Houghton Mifflin is our reading series.
Spelling Lesson 10 (Test Tuesday April 26. See words to right.)
READING SKILLS: Will send home code in September for use of the site with no cost to parent.
Will the pop fizz?
Theme: Simple Machines (April)
The image above is a link to the National Geographic magazines we read in class. Click on it to find the magazines to read to your student.