KC Kindergarten Classroom
KC Classroom Information
Math: Harcourt math & Simple Solutions
Math info: www.harcourtschool.com will give you an over view of the program. Simple Solutions is a separate, daily practice book for mastery in mathematical concepts.
Language Arts: Houghton Mifflin reading & Project Read
LA info: www.eduplace.com gives helpful tips for parents and Project Read is a supplemental phonics program that begins later in the fall. We use Universal for our handwriting practice.
Science: National Geographic
Science info: www.NYYOUNGEXPLORER.org gives an over view of the kindergarten topics to be covered this year.
Social Studies: National Geographic
Social Studies info www.NGYOUNGEXPLORER.org gives information on the monthly magazine we use to help us learn about other cultures.
Religion: Sadlier (We Believe)
Religion info: www.webelieveweb.com has fun games for kids to play!
*You will receive a ASSESSMENT FOLDER several times a month on Fridays. Please return this FOLDER with ALL the corrected papers inside to me on Mondays. The corrected papers should stay on the right and I will switch them to the left once you return the folder with your initials on each test. I will rubber band the papers together at the end of the semester indicating that you may keep the papers.
* A daily folder will be inside your child's backpack every day. Return this to me DAILY. Please place all envelopes for me inside the folder (LABEL any envelopes with the following information: your child's name & amount clearly marked, what it is, (tuition, cafeteria, field trip) and our class name, KC.
* Library books are due on Wednesdays and no later than Thursdays! Our library day is Thursday. If the book from the previous week is not returned your child cannot check out a new book. He or she will need to wait until the following week to check out a new book. Fines will accumulate daily for overdue books. A good little tip: once your child and you have read the book, just keep it in the backpack. We will ask for the books and all the child need do is retrieve it from their backpack.
* I can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The office phone number is 533-2854 for your reference. I am available most days after school from 3:15-4:00 by appointment. Leave me a message with the secretary and I will set this appointment up with you. MONDAYS, I work at Wings after school.
* Please send in a water bottle that is "sippy" in nature. Meaning a straw or some sort of sipping mechanism need be present to help eliminate spills. This is NOT being followed and library books have been ruined. Please purchase a tall water bottle that will fit on the side pocket of your child's backpack. If there is no side pocket, please find one that has this feature.
* Label everything!! Label the outside of the lunch boxes, water bottles, and backpacks with their first names. Label ALL clothing on the tags with permanent marker. Have you labeled all of your child's clothing?
* Check out my homework page and this classroom page for updates. I will post a monthly newsletter and any homework items on the homework page. I use this classroom page for the curriculum links and housekeeping items which typically do not change through out the year.
* No toys may come from home to school. We have plenty of things here to keep us busy. The toys will rest in my "June" box and be given back on the last day of school if this rule is broken after one warning.
* Children are to wear their gym uniforms to school on Wednesdays.
* VERY IMPORTANT: If your child's usual way home changes, I must have a note stating so.
Link to the Diocese of Harrisburg Curriculum